Hi, I’m Liz Bell.
I’m a freelance copywriter and editor. I deliver professional, well-written copy that will make your organisation stand out for the right reasons.
With a background in media production, PR and communications consultancy, I offer more than just words – I understand the role of copy in the wider context of your communications output.
Clear. Concise. Compelling.
I believe that good copy needs to be three things:
- Clear: Clarity is the cornerstone of my work – I can distill even your most complex ideas into jargon-free language that will resonate with any audience, from experts to lay-people. Find out more about my copywriting services →
- Concise: Whoever your audience is, they’re busy. You have just seconds to grab their attention. I’ll make sure that your words get to the point without waffle. Find out more about my editing services →
- Compelling: Great writing isn’t just about getting noticed – it should make your reader do something. I’ll help you create lasting impact with engaging, relevant content that inspires action. Find out more about my content creation services →
As a freelancer, I have the flexibility to work in a way that suits you. Based in Birmingham, I work with clients all over the country, including here in the West Midlands, as well as in Bristol, London and the South East.
I have specialist experience writing for non-profit organisations and those in the public sector, including:
- Defra (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs)
- University of Birmingham
- Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership
- RSBC (Royal Society for Blind Children)
- Equality Now
- Age UK Bristol
Helping non-profits to flourish.
I’m a firm believer in the power of communications to create positive social change, so I particularly enjoy working with non-profit organisations.
Alongside my copywriting work, I offer additional communications services to charities, social enterprises and other non-profits, including communications strategy development and communications training. Find out more about my services for third sector organisations →
I also set up (and now sit on the steering committee of) the CharityComms Midlands Networking Group – a friendly, regional group for communications professionals working in non-profit organisations in the Midlands.
My blog contains resources and tips to help non-profit organisations improve their communications, as well as third sector communications-related news and event details. If you would like to use one of my posts on your own website, or if you would like me to write something for your blog, come and say hello on Twitter, or find me on LinkedIn.